|Date Posted||March 5, 2019|
Mid-Ohio Pipeline is continuously dedicated to providing the pipeline industry with services that exceed the expectations of our customers, while maintaining the highest regard for safety, quality, and the environment. We will provide the safest, most competent and best trained personnel that the industry has to offer. Our mission to provide competitively priced services, constructed in a timely manner while maintaining impeccable quality will not waiver at Mid-Ohio Pipeline.
Plumber / Pipefitter must possess the ability to SAFELY and SKILLFULLY work in a self-directed diverse team based environment for the construction of natural gas pipelines. Qualified in pipefitting, pipe threading and covered tasks associated with natural gas replacement work. Proficient communication skills required. General knowledge of construction and/or utility construction is necessary. Performs duties as directed by foreman. Must be physically capable of performing work requirements asked of them, including significant laboring and any other tasks requested by the supervisor. Candidate must be willing to listen and learn. Candidates MUST reside in North, Central or Eastern Ohio.
Essential Job functions:
- Must follow all safety policies and safety procedures per company and utility customer standards.
- Communicate and collaborate with the customer to prepare and execute work assignments received orally and in written format, which may be accompanied by manuals, sketches and diagrams.
- Assemble and install a variety of metal and polyethylene pipe and pipe fittings as necessary to complete installation.
- Join piping by means of threaded, fusion, coupling or other means as approved by customer.
- Secure pipes to structure with clamps, brackets and hangers.
- Inspect, test for leaks and validate performance of installations and repairs, identify support issues and make adjustments ensuring smooth operation.
- Plan installations and perform operations including threading, grinding, welding, cutting, rigging, brazing, soldering and bending pipes according to specifications.
- Perform installations which may require avoiding obstructions or interference with ongoing manufacturing operations.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through measurement and reporting, taking prompt action when needed.
- Skilled worker who possess the required knowledge, skill, and physical ability to perform construction and maintenance duties related to the natural gas industry.
- Ability to perform the essential physical functions of the job and operate within a short time frame as needed.
- Must work well with others.
- Load material or equipment for transport from show-up yard to job site and secure as appropriate.
- Secure work site, equipment and materials at the end of each shift to ensure public safety and safety of equipment and materials.