- Amended 1-1-20: Monthly Salary
- PLUMBER I
$4,975.00 Monthly (BC-10)
$5,268.00 Monthly (WS-10)
Island of Oahu
- Office of Facilities and Operations – Facilities Maintenance Branch
- Immediate vacancies are:
- Central Unit (Permanent, Full Time)
- Honolulu Unit (Permanent, Full Time)
- Employment Opportunities in Temporary Positions
Some vacant positions may be temporary. Temporary positions may be extended year to year, dependent upon funding and departmental needs. Making yourself available for temporary positions increases your employment possibilities and may lead to permanent opportunities. A person hired for a temporary position may also become a temporary employee upon satisfactory completion of the initial probation period of at least six months. Once a temporary employee, you would be eligible to apply for promotion and transfer opportunities to permanent as well as other temporary positions. You may also enjoy other rights and benefits as afforded to an employee in a permanent position, with the exception of return rights and placement rights associated with a reduction-in-force.
- Performs skilled plumbing work in the repair, maintenance and installation of plumbing systems and equipment; and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Applicants must meet all the requirements for the position they are seeking as of the date of the application, unless otherwise specified. Unless specifically indicated, the required education and experience may not be gained concurrently.
Note: Calculation of experience is based on full-time, 40-hour workweeks. Part-time experience is pro-rated. Example: Twelve months of experience at 20 hours/week is equivalent to six months of experience, not one year. Also, hours worked in excess of 40 hours/week will not be credited. Example: Twelve months of experience at 60 hours/week is equivalent to one year of experience, not one and a half years.
- Minimum Qualification Requirements:
To qualify, you must meet all of the following requirements :
License and Experience Requirement:
- Plumber I:
Applicants must possess a valid State of Hawaii Journey Worker Plumber License or Master Plumber License.
- Plumber II:
Applicants must possess one of the following:
1. A valid State of Hawaii Journey Worker Plumber License and one (1) year of work experience as a licensed plumber performing work comparable to a Plumber I in the State service; or
2. A valid State of Hawaii Master Plumber License.
- Select Certification Requirements:
1. Lift/carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs unassisted.
2. Lift/carry objects weighing up to 100 lbs assisted by another person and/or use of equipment.
3. Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license to drive in the State of Hawaii. Please mail a copy (or attach a scanned copy) of your license immediately upon applying.
|Job Category||Hawaii Plumbing Jobs|